Friday, January 4, 2013

Day 4: Wrote A Thank You Letter Via Snail Mail

When I was a child, I LOVED receiving letters, magazines, or presents in the mail! Heck, I still love getting mail (minus bills, of course)! Unfortunately, to most, the art of letter writing is a relic of a bygone era. Within this art of writing, resides a good old fashioned thank you letter. Of course, any form of 'thank you' is usually appreciated, but sometimes when you are a volunteer a letter means the most. This is why, when a opportunity of gratitude presents itself you should take it!

Art is a Miss Tri-Cities volunteer, who cuts music for all of the contestants' talents. I am so grateful, because even though I am no longer Miss Tri-Cities and I am competing for a different title, he was very happy to help cut my music. After completing the cut, I asked if there was anything I could do for him to say thanks. He simply replied, "Oh no, I am happy to do it. Just think of this as my support for the betterment of young women." I said thank you a few times and tried to express my gratitude, but to me that is not enough. Art, for those of you that don't know, does so much for the organization without any expectation of praise.


I FOUND THIS CARD IN 'THE CARD BOX'. COULDN'T BE MORE PERFECT!

I only hope this is able to show how much I appreciate him, not only for the music he has given me, but for all he does for the betterment of young women.'



Have a random act of kindness you would like me to try? Comment below.

God bless, 
Kailee


No comments:

Post a Comment