Monday, January 28, 2013

Day 28: Opened The Door

There is not much to say today. A simple gesture can go a long way and can sometimes act as a catalyst.  Today I made sure to open the door for everyone I saw. This is something that should be done everyday, but unfortunately is easily overlooked. And no ladies, gents are not the only human beings who are cable of holding the door.

At a college, there is obviously a fair amount of doors and a greater number of students. You would think the students would have the common courtesy to hold the door for others. Don't get me wrong, the majority of students will hold the door if you are in close range. However, I have also had my fair share of doors slamming in my face.

Even worse, I was in the student union building the other day grabbing a coffee, when a student had his hands full of boxes. At first, the poor boy had to maneuver a way through the first door, then a generous bystander held the rest of the doors open. The point is, there were so many people around and it still took a minute for someone to lend a hand. Come on people...

Long story short-hold a door, share a smile and make a difference. There is no such thing as a small act of kindness.

No comments:

Post a Comment