Thursday, January 17, 2013

Day 17: Began Volunteering At West Central Community Center

This afternoon, I began my volunteer work at West Central Community Center. For those of you that don't know, WCCC is a local after school program for elementary school children in the area. The center is very similar to a Boys and Girls Club.  This is a safe place where children can learn, grow and expand their horizons. The staff is there to encourage, mentor and empower the kids.

Their mission states: The West Central Community Center has been established to provide social, health, recreation & educations services to the community to help improve the quality of life for it's families. (Click on the logo to learn more.)

I am so excited about the time I will be spending at the center. I already feel a strong connection with a few of the kids and hope I am able to encourage, mentor and empower them as well. Sometimes, all a child needs is someone who will give them attention and listen to them.


Have a random act of kindness you would like me to try? Comment below.

God bless, 
Kailee

No comments:

Post a Comment