Monday, January 14, 2013

Day 14: Tipped the Bag Boy

Today, I made my way back up to school. I am happy to be back. I was welcomed back, however, with loads of snow...Because I have been gone for over a month I was in dire need of groceries. Naturally, I trekked my way to the store and had a bag boy help me with the mass amount of food I needed lugged to my car. The poor guy struggled as he shoved the cart through the snow. I offered to help, but he refused.

After loading all of the bags into my car, it was the least I could do to tip the boy a few dollars. However, it was his reaction that made me realize my action was more random than I had thought. He turned to walk away and I said, "Oh, thank you. Here you are." He looked stunned and said thank you. Then as he began to push my now empty cart away, he looked back and said, "Are you sure?" After reassuring him, he was on his way.

I had my mind set on a different act, but today's act was truly random and unexpected. However, this act felt more rewarding. Lastly, again I say and believe that it really is the little things that matter. I hope next time you too choose to unexpectedly surprise someone.


Have a random act of kindness you would like me to try? Comment below.

God bless, 
Kailee

No comments:

Post a Comment