Friday, January 11, 2013

Day 11- MAO Week: Did Something!

Today, was my first full day in Vegas and I had so much fun! My good friend Ali met my mom and me here and we walked the strip! The Miss America contestants did not have prelims today, just rehearsals! In just 24 hours we will have a new Miss America (fingers crossed).

As I walked around Vegas, I was wondering how I could complete my final task while in Vegas. Mandy Schendel, Miss Washington 2012, has titled her platform "Do Something; Enriching Youth Cultivating Leaders." For as long as I have known Mandy, she has always encouraged the younger generation to follow their dreams and just go for it! So, I thought to myself, how can I encourage youth while I'm here? Well, I was shopping around and found the cutest bracelets that said "Miss America" and"There She Is". I bought 5 of them and as the day went on I gave them to little "princesses" and told them I'd see them on the Miss America stage soon! It's simple, but a sweet reward to see the smile on their faces...:)

Watch Miss America tomorrow on ABC! And best of luck to Mandy!!

P.S. Mandy was the preliminary award winner for lifestyle ad fitness in swimwear! She is the first from Washington since 1981! Congratulations!




No comments:

Post a Comment