Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Day 29: Just Listened

We all have those days...where we have almost had it and just want someone to vent to or cry with. It's natural. We are human. That's why today it was nice to lend an ear and help out a friend.
In my experience, I've learned that an expert listener doesn't say much and doesn't even need to offer advice, unless it is asked for.

Personally, I know I feel better when I am able to get it all out on the table and off my shoulders. Whatever you are holding in can feel like the weight of the world. This can cause more unneeded stress and can eventually make a person sick.

A great quote I remember is "You can hear without actually listening." Don't be that person. For 5, 10 or even 15 minutes put everything aside and find someone you can confide in. Find someone who will just listen. And hey, if there is no one else, I am always here!

Wise words...

No comments:

Post a Comment