Friday, January 18, 2013

Day 18: Supported EWU Girl's Rugby

This is only my second quarter at Eastern and I am overwhelmed by the plethora of activities a student can get involved in. Some are activities I encountered at my community college, but some are new and exciting. One, for example, is men's AND women's rugby!

I had a good amount of time between my classes, so I wandered over to the PUB with a classmate. And I am glad that I did, because I was presented with a great opportunity. At a table just inside the entrance was the women's rugby team trying to fundraise for the upcoming season. They were selling Krispy Kreme doughts by the dozen. Now, these scrumptious treats are not the healthiest, but the thought was tantalizing and there is always a chance to share.I say I was happy with the opportunity because I remember how hard I work when I fundraise and how much it means when someone does help me out.

Not only was I able support the girls and get a dozen doughnuts, but I was able to talk to the girls about the sport. There is a lot that I didn't know and I now would like to attend a game! You can learn more about this club sport by clicking here.



It is amazing what the outcome can be when you open your eyes, your heart and your mind to something new. You may just learn something and/or make new friends!


Have a random act of kindness you would like me to try? Comment below.

God bless, 
Kailee


On a health note: Yes, I am preparing for Miss Spokane and I am eating right. This does NOT mean I am starving myself or depriving my body. People have this postulated belief that pageant girls don't eat. My message for the day is girls you can still eat right and indulge a little. (i.e. 1 Krispy Kreme doughnut) Health is a lifestyle and it's all about moderation! 



No comments:

Post a Comment