Thursday, January 31, 2013

Day 31: A Valentine For Carmen

I have heard through several people now about a young girl going through chemo. Carmen is a 8 year old girl living in Squamish. You can learn more about Carmen and read her story at http://www.caringforcarmen.com or by liking the the Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/CaringForCarmen1). She sounds like a fantastic, determined little girl with a lot of strength and heart. 

A friend of mine, who knows her personally, posted a great idea on Facebook. She asked for people to send prayers and valentines her way. I know if I were in her position, I would love the kind words from strangers. So I ran to the store, found an adorable little elephant and a cute box of chocolates. Then, I remembered I had one more Miss America bracelet to give away and threw it in with the rest of the goodies and a note.My friend provided me with the address. If this is something you would like to join in on, please message me for the address. Finally, I sent the valentine her way and hope that it is able to bring a smile to her face!

Have a random act of kindness you would like me to try? Comment below.
God bless,
Kailee

No comments:

Post a Comment