Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Day 2: Donated Clothing To A Women's Shelter

Out with the old and in with the new! Because I was so fortunate to receive an abundance of new goodies for Christmas, a clean sweep needed to be done. I have too many clothes as it is and  I figured that someone else could use some of my gently used clothing more than I could.

Instead of trying to sell my clothes to a consignment shop (for way less than I think it is worth), I donated my clothes to a local women's shelter. Each year thousands of women who are beaten, raped and abused find comfort in shelters. According to National Coalition for the Homeless 63% of homeless women have experienced domestic violence and are left without a home. The shelter I donated to was Domestic Violence Center of Benton & Franklin Counties. According to their latest annual report, in 2010 338 clients were served and 185 families were housed.

If you too would like to donate clothing you can drop off your donations at New Beginnings Thrift Shop, 1016 Lee Blvd Richland. If you are not in the Tri-Cities, I highly recommend finding the nearest womens shelter or gospel mission to donate your gently used clothing items. For more information on DVS, please click on the logo.

Have a random act of kindness you would like me to try? Comment below.

God bless, 
Kailee

No comments:

Post a Comment