Thursday, January 3, 2013

Day 3: Did Chores, When Technically I Don't Have Any

God has blessed me with an unconditionally loving family, who have provided a beautiful home for me to live. Over the last three weeks, I have throughly enjoyed spending my time and the holidays with my whole family, but specifically my parents. Parents...they always give, give, give and expect nothing in return. Now, when it comes to chores you may be like me and have heard them exclaim, "don't make me tell you twice"! But as I thought about my departure and how much they do already, I realized why should they have to ask at all?  My parents already give so incredibly much. So, my act of kindness for the day included the following chores:

  • Picked up my stuff
  • Put away my christmas presents 
  • Took out the trash (twice)
  • Feed the dogs  (My brother beat me to it)
  • Laundry
  • Put Dishes in the dishwasher


The point for today is that these everyday acts of kindness, no matter what it is, should not have to be asked for twice or even once. They should already be instilled in our being. It should be in our nature to want to help and expect nothing in return...much like our parents. 

Have a random act of kindness you would like me to try? Comment below.

God bless, 
Kailee

No comments:

Post a Comment