Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Day 1: Bought Coffee For A Stranger


Happy New Year! Well, today marks day number 1 of my random acts of kindness! And although I had planned on kicking off the year with a different act, I ran into complications because of businesses being closed for the holiday. So, this afternoon Nicole and I drove to Starbucks and paid for the order of the car behind us and left a simple note. I chose to begin with this because I thought it would be a great way to start off someone's year!

After the barista realized that I was trying to pay for the order of the car behind me, we were on our way. As we looped around to pull back out onto the main road, I couldn't help but notice that the car was still sitting at the window. Could it be that they too were paying for the person behind them? I have seen this act done a good amount of times, however, it is so simple and can even start a chain reaction. I guess we can only hope!


On a side note, before this took place I was texting my best friend Nicole. I had told her I needed to complete an act of kindness for the day and she did not even hesitate before asking to accompany me. It is amazing to see that it is only day one and already others are excited to be involved. I hope you too will join us.


Have a random act of kindness you would like me to try? Comment below.

God bless, 
Kailee





1 comment:

  1. Love you. So excited to see your future endeavors! xoxox

    ReplyDelete