Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Day 85: Bought Girl Scout Cookies

It's that time of year again. It's Girl Scout cookie season! Usually I don't hunt them down, but they sounded so tasty and I knew the money was going to a good cause. To find cookies in your area, you can visit the Girl Scout website , enter your zip code and see where cookies are sold and at what times. It also helps if you know a girl scout selling them.

In my case, I know of a young girl selling them so I bought a box from her. Also, I looked up where the girls were selling cookies near me and bought a box of savannah smiles from them. The closest selling spot to me was Texas Roadhouse. I drove down there and when I showed interest in buying cookies, the young girl scout eagerly gave her description of each type of cookie. When she was done, I asked what her favorite type was. She answered savannah smiles. I told her I would take a box of those and handed her a $5. The boxes are $4 a piece, so she tried giving me my change. When I told her to keep the change, her reaction was priceless. She was overjoyed that I allowed her to keep my dollar. Oh, the simple joys of children. They make everything that much more worth it. 

God bless & enjoy your cookies,
Kailee



No comments:

Post a Comment