Thursday, March 21, 2013

Day 80: Dined Out For United Way

This morning, I logged onto Facebook and found a post that intrigued me. A fellow FB friend was promoting Dine Out For United Way. This is a one day event where you could eat at several different restaurants and a portion of the tab would be donated to United Way. Among the plethora of restaurants were Famous Dave's- where the fam and I went- Texas Roadhouse, Round Table, Carmines, Cousins and Tony Roma's.

Right when I had read the FB post, I knew this is something I wanted to do. Ironically, at the same time mom and dad were discussing what we should do for dinner. We don't often go to Famous Dave's, so that sold us. The fact that a portion of the tab is donated to a good cause was the cherry on top! 

We enjoyed a delicious dinner and I handed over the coupon above. The paper I had originally printed had two coupons on it. Since my family and I had only used one, we were then left with an extra. When walking out of the restaurant, I stopped a family that was going in to eat and asked them if they too could present the coupon to their waiter and donate to United Way. The family happily agreed and I went on my way. 

If you read this before 10PM on March 21, you still have an opportunity to dine and donate. Visit one of the listed restaurants above and give back.

God bless,
Kailee 

No comments:

Post a Comment