Saturday, March 2, 2013

Day 61: Had Some Heart

Who will be Miss Pierce County 2013? Tonight, we will find out! Good luck to all of the contestants! I wish I could be there. But before then, it is time to feature another one of my Miss Washington sisters. Miss Pierce County 2012 is Alexandria Henderson!

Meet Alexandria Henderson
What is your platform titled?
AH: Gotta Have Heart; 30-for-30 promotes walking 30 minutes a day for 30 days to promote heart disease awareness and prevention...We are going to pick it up again for April (since it has 30 days.)

How can others get involved with your platform?
AH: Maybe share this Facebook page
https://www.facebook.com/GottaHaveHeartW.A.L.K

I also would add that you can do the kindness for your body and challenge yourself to a 30 minute walk like I am!

Why did you choose this platform?
My favorite uncle died of heart disease at the age of 35. Far too young to lose a family member. Heart disease is the number one killer of men and women in America, beating out all other forms of cancer combined. Not many people know that. 

Copyright: Ardorlit_Photography


After the game, my family and I headed to Oldtown Scottsdale! This little place is so beautiful, especially at sunset! Fortunately, everything you'd need and want is within walking distance. Here I was able to get my 30 minutes of walking in.

No comments:

Post a Comment