Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Day 65: EWU Gamma Phi Make-up Drive

Only four days left in the EWU's 26 days of kindness. Day 22 included a make-up drive put on by the Gamma Phi Beta sorority! The make-up donated in this drive will be donated to the Youth Women's Christian Association. The YWCA is a national organization and dedicated to eliminating racism, empowering women and promoting peace, justice, freedom and dignity for all. For more information, you can click here.

To help, I went to a local grocery and picked up a thing of Maybelline foundation. Then I ran by the Gamma Phi house to drop off my donation! I've always been taught that make-up does not identify a person for who they are, it only enhances them. However, I also completely understand the feeling of looking great with a new compact of foundation or a vibrant new lip color. And, if you are like me, then maybe you don't always realize how fortunate you are to be able to run to the store to pick up a new tube of mascara. This was a cool way to give back and help contribute to empowering women.


God bless,
Kailee Dunn

No comments:

Post a Comment