Saturday, March 9, 2013

Day 68: Donated Books


Meet Kimball Gainor, Miss Whatcom County 2012
What is your platform titled?
KG: READ!

How can others get involved with your platform?
Promote a positive relationship with kids and reading by visiting a classroom, visiting your public library to get involved with, mentor a youngin and spend sometime reading with them. There are many ways to reach the same goal of promoting a healthy and positive relationship with reading! 

Why did you choose your particular platform?
This platform is important to me because when young children begin to read up until (often 2nd and 3rd grade) they begin to read to LEARN. If they have not already developed a positive relationship with reading, their following education is at risk as they are less likely to graduate high school and/or pursue higher degrees in college. My job is to build a bridge while children are still learning to read and develop that relationship, showing them why reading is something to be excited about and not dreaded! 
Photo Credit: Steven Michaels Photography

Although I did not have enough time to get into a classroom to read, I was able to find a collection of my books from childhood to donate. My house in Tri-Cities pretty much shares a backyard with an elementary school, so I thought that was a perfect fit for my donation. I hope the kids will appreciate their new collection of books. I know I thoroughly enjoyed them!

( A year ago when Kimball was crowned!)

God bless, Kailee



No comments:

Post a Comment