Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Day 71: Thanked A (Hard) Teacher

With finals week just around the corner, the only thing on most students mind is school. A lot of times we work hard and use what we have learned from past teachers to do better. Again, a lot of times we don't realize that those rigorous teachers are the ones who well prepared us. Then on the opposing end, teachers will prepare us and never know if their commitment to us has paid off.

I know that personally I had my fair share of zany teachers. Teachers who did not care about the subject they taught or more importantly the kids that they were teaching. Then occasionally and fortunately, I would be blessed with several outstanding teachers. These were the teachers who encouraged you to do better, who made the subject more interesting and pushed you to your limits. Although they pushed me, it was all for my own good. In my opinion, I don't think that their successful job teaching should go un-noticed.

I took the liberty today to email a past teacher of mine. Now, the teacher who I originally planned on emailing has since been retired. But there are several other teachers that deserved my 'thank you' as well. I went with a social science teacher of mine who actually made politics appealing. Since involving myself with the Miss America Organization, politics and/or current events are never in short supply. Remembering how good it felt to be informed and empowered in that class, always encouraged me to learn more.

So now it is your turn. Who is a teacher that pushed you? That made you feel like you had potential? Have you told them lately? Will you?
...
Kailee




No comments:

Post a Comment