Monday, April 8, 2013

Day 98: Because I said I would

I would like to think I am a woman of my word, so when I say I'm going to do something I try my hardest to follow through. Awhile back I had promised a friend that I would make him brownies. Tonight, I followed through with that promise. They were delicious and a great way to celebrate a fabulous weekend with my friends!

I was also inspired to follow through on my promises because of a young man I saw on the Steve Harvey show a few days back. He created the organization Because I said I would- A promise made. A promise kept after his father passed away. 
"Because I said I would is a social movement dedicated to the importance of commitment and the promises we make. Through charitable projects, Because I said I would motivates others to make a positive impact in our world."

Small promises kept, small actions overall lead to change. I dare you to set a goal and promise yourself something. Work little by little and the dream or change that you once thought was impossible is now attainable. I set 10 goals for myself and plan to start working towards them...because I said I would.

No comments:

Post a Comment