Thursday, April 11, 2013

Day 101: In it to End it

Lately, there has been a lot of talk about the End It Movement. Kids, adults and celebrities have all been seen displaying a red X on their hands. Because of all of the commotion, I decided to look into it more. And what I found was shocking. Below are some of the statistics found on their website.
The End it Movement mission is shine a light on the issue of slavery. To let others know that it still exists and let those who are living as slaves know that they are not alone. You can learn more and watch videos at http://enditmovement.com/.
One of my favorite quotes is from Margret Mead who said, "never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has." This is a movement. It requires others to take part. To keep it moving! So, like many others, I planted a large red X on my hand to share with the world. But a movement is nothing without action. My goal is to not wait until someone asks about the mark, but rather explain to at least 5 people why it is on my hand. This is something that seriously everyone can take part in. So what do you say...are you in it to end it?

Be the change,
Kailee





No comments:

Post a Comment