Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Day 100! Happy Sibling Day

Happy National Sibling Day! If you hadn't known it was sibling day, don't worry. The day is not over and you still have time to send your lovely brother and/or sister a nice text. The only reason I had known about sibling day is because I hunted for corky and bizarre holidays before the year began. Besides, it never hurts to tell your sibling how much they mean to you.

In my case, I have one brother who is 24 and living in Montana. Because we are not under the same roof, I wanted to surprise him with a little package. He is my big brother and I have always looked up to him. He was the reason why I played sports and worked so hard at them. He is such a natural athlete that he shined at anything he did. So, when it was my turn to take the field or the court, I wanted to shine as bright as he did. It didn't matter if he had some idiotic coach who didn't believe in him, he always gave 110% and I believed in him. I still do. He is one of the smartest, (opinionated), artistic, talented, hardworking person I know. I only hope that he knows that and that he believes it. I don' think he realizes how much I idolize him. 

Seriously, sometimes the people that mean the most to you are the ones that tackle you-literally- to say I love you or pretend to punch you in the face as a way to say hello. No matter how they share their love, they still to know how much you care. Take the time today, tomorrow or sometime soon to let your siblings know. But hey, there isn't a better time than the present! 

God bless,
Hey, you're Trevor Dunn's little sister
(a.k.a Kailee)

No comments:

Post a Comment