Friday, April 19, 2013

Day 109: Grilled Cheese Feed for Campfire USA

This afternoon Tiff and I swung by the Gamma Phi house to enjoy grilled cheese with the g phi b's. Gamma Phi is a sorority on campus and which philanthropic events focus on Camp Fire USAand Girls On The Run. Today, specifically, the donations from the grilled cheese feed will benefit a local Camp Fire camp. The girls who were working brought us grilled cheese and our soup of choice. To boot, the house was decorated so adorably. When Tiff and I were there, there were several other tables of people chowing down on their scrumptious soups and sandwiches, meaning the event looked to be quite successful. I hope our sorority was able to raise a good amount for Camp Fire!

Camp Fire, I have recently learned is so much more up my alley than I could have ever imagined. This is a summer camp that offers several different camp courses, such as learning more about the environment or leadership. The leadership camp immediately caught my eye and I did some extra research. The promise of Camp Fire is as follows:
If you visit the Camp Fire website, you can find a list of all of the camps offered in all 50 states. You too can get involved in donating to your school's Gamma Phi Beta sorority, donate online, volunteer or even be a camp counselor. Today's youth are our leaders and they need good role models to light the way, just like the G Phi girls. 

God bless,
Kailee

No comments:

Post a Comment