Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Day 106: One Day Without Shoes

One day without shoes? Sounds easy enough. Boy, was I wrong. Each year TOMS challenges everyone to forgo shoes and really live in the world of someone else, someone without shoes. TOMS is all about providing those who have no other choice but to walk barefoot with a pair of shoes. When you buy a pair of TOMS a pair will be donated to third world countries. Recently, TOMS has also started selling glasses. when you buy a pair of glasses, you are also paying for sight for someone in need. Basically, TOMS believes it is 'One For One'.  Buy one and they will provide one. To learn more about TOMS and their movement, shop here.

Depending on where you live, this challenge can be just that, challenging. Today is was so cold in Cheney and wind was a blowing. My toes froze instantly. Immediately my perspective had changed and I realized how fortunate I am to not only have socks on my feet, but shoes too. I was able to withstand most of the day without shoes. Fortunate enough for me, I was inside the majority of the day.

However, I spotted this gent walking across campus and he was going strong. In addition, he was also representing by wearing a TOMS shirt. I commend him tremendously for making a statement and making a difference. Congratulations if you were also one of the few who stood strong! One Day Without Shoes is an annual event, so keep your eye out for next year's date!

God bless,
Kailee

PREVIEW: Tomorrow, I will be wearing a race shirt in honor of Boston and their runners. Join me?

1 comment: