Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Day 93: Donated PB&J

Did you know that peanut butter is the number one requested item in food banks? Either had I until the other day. The Do Something Foundation is currently running a campaign which asks participants to donate peanut butter to local food banks. Why peanut butter? According to the website, peanut butter is in high demand because it is packed with protein, it has a long shelf life (2 years) and it fits in food restrictions. Not to mention, it is delicious!

Well, once I acquired this information, I ran to the store and bought some peanut butter and jelly. I Google searched local food banks and found that their was a donation location in Cheney. This was right next door to a clothing donation location. I thought that was pretty cool and gave me a new resource for the future. Hey, you learn something new everyday! The lady at the store was very, very sweet and grateful for the donations.
    
Again, if you would like to donate something to your local food bank, I would double check donation times. There is not always someone to collect donations.

God Bless,
Kailee

No comments:

Post a Comment