Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Day 107: Wore a Race Shirt For Boston

Yesterday while scrolling through Facebook, I saw a picture that said "wear a race shirt tomorrow in honor of Boston." Right when I saw that I thought how great of an idea this was, yet so simple. I went back to my room and scrambled through my closet to find all of my races shirts. When I found all my shirts my first thought was, man I have a lot of t-shirts, which was shortly followed by the thought that I should not wear one tomorrow, but one each day for the rest of the week.

When I woke up this morning I was getting ready for my internship and was trying to get creative with a business casual outfit and a race shirt. Luckily, I had one that only had print on the chest, small enough to be covered by my blazer. I'm sure it did not look fabulous but it didn't matter, as a friend of mine said, "because somethings are more important than dress codes." Each time I looked down at my outfit it constantly reminded of those in need and it kept them close to my heart. 

Tomorrow it will be a different shirt and a different one the next day. It may be nothing immense, but it's the thought that counts, right? There is no such thing as too many prayers and thoughts for those in need. Keep it up world. 

God bless,
Kailee 



No comments:

Post a Comment