Saturday, April 20, 2013

Day 110: Pay It Forward

This afternoon, I watched the inspiring  and touching movie "Pay It Forward."It reminded me of how simple a chain reaction can be in creating a movement. If we took just one moment out of our lives to pay it forward, we can create something much bigger than ourselves. If you have never seen the movie, I strongly encourage you do so. It is one of those movies that makes you ponder and even just for a moment realize that there is something that everyone and anyone can do to make a difference. In the movie, Trevor the main character simply explains how he can be a catalyst for change. Watch that particular clip below.

Today, I would like to pay it forward by surfacing my thoughts about a few people who motivate me to be better, do better and do more. They know who they are, but I don't think they realize how much they inspire me. After reading this, I hope, no I DARE you to pay it forward by telling at least 3 people how they have impacted you. Most of the time people change our lives for the better and usually are unaware. 

1) This person has taught me that not all things come easy in life and if they don't you work for them. They have taught me not to sweat the small things (most of time) and live in this moment. Too often, I find myself planning. I am a planner, it is what I do. But when they are around, it brings me back to now. Time is a precious commodity and one that should not be taken lightly. They constantly remind me that you work hard to get what you deserve. If you want something, go get it because time will pass no matter if you are working towards your goal or not. 

2) This person always makes me believe in my dreams whole-heartedly. Sometimes, I think they believe in me more than I believe in myself. But the thing is it is their drive and passion that motivates me. This particular friend is one of those people that, no matter what, has your back and is not afraid to push you to better yourself. They realize that this world is not all fairytales and butterflies, but they also know that there is still some magic left in the world. That no matter how many people doubt them, they believe what matters is that you believe in yourself and you have something worth fighting for. 

3) The last person is one of the most naturally talented human beings I have ever met. Not to say they don't work hard, because they do. When they get a vision in their mind, it is no stopping them. This person and I have actually had several discussions about sports and what drives them. They did what they did for the love of the sport, but what they hadn't realized is they were doing so much more. Sports are a beautiful thing (hence all of the inspirational sports movies) and when you watch someone who is a true athlete you know why. Because athletes have always taught us that impossible is nothing. 

God bless,
Kailee 




No comments:

Post a Comment