Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Day 113: GO GREEN- Recycle

It is time to keep the ball rolling on Go Green Week, and recycle. At the very beginning of the year, I noticed a plastic bag recycle bin and decided to collect grocery and shopping bags to recycle. In addition, I did a little research and found that Cheney has a recycling center on the main street and took note of what they recycle. With the materials in mind, I began collecting recycleables about a week ago.  
(Plastic bags recycled)

Today, I took a little trip to the Cheney Recycle Center and dropped off my items. The man working was really nice and very appreciative for all of the items I had brought in. A little later I was talking to a friend and they had mentioned that, "once you start, you can't stop." Which is highly likely, because everywhere I look now I see new items that could be recycled. It was an eye opening experience to see how much garbage I collected over the course of one week. (seen below) All of that material could have been shipped to the dump to sit in a landfill. The city offers recycling bins for anyone who is interested. I even hear that some places will pay you for your trash...and everyone likes a few extra dollars! ;D
(Other recycled materials)


(Cheney Recycle Center) 

God bless
& go green,
Kailee

No comments:

Post a Comment