Sunday, April 21, 2013

Day 111: GO GREEN- Measure My Carbon Footprint

Tomorrow is Earth Day and Friday is Arbor Day, so I thought I would take the time to appreciate our beautiful Earth this week. Before I dive into the rest of the week, I want to begin by measuring my carbon footprint and learning how I can reduce it. A carbon footprint is how much carbon dioxide you as an individual are emitting. I think it is important for everyone to measure their carbon footprint at least once to see how their daily activities are effecting the Earth. Click here, to measure your carbon footprint.   

After filling my survey out completely, I got my results and a full break down of how much carbon I am emitting and how I was exerting that energy. As you can see, I can reduce emissions by taking the bus more often and riding my bike-if I had one. The other thing that I had not taken into account is eating meat and the processing of meat releases a lot of emissions, so if you meat every day and/or for every meal your carbon footprint will escalate. Now that I have assessed my carbon footprint and taken into account what I can work on, I can now focus on doing such in the future. The other option you are given is to offset you carbon footprint by donationg to forest conservation and forest management. However, to offset my footprint, I would be paying $165. Obviously, I need to work a bit more on my carbon dioxide output. 

God bless,
Kailee 

No comments:

Post a Comment