Friday, April 5, 2013

Day 95: Explored YWCA

After this weekend, the Miss Washington class of 2013 will be complete! The final four titleholders will be crowned Sunday afternoon. Over the next few days, the last few Miss Washington sisters will be featured before they say farewell.

Meet Ramya Ramanathan, Miss Evergreen 2012

What is the title of your platform?
RR: Embracing Diversity and Empowering Women

How can others get involved with your platform?
RR: I did a lot of work with underprivileged minorities through the YWCA...You could like the YWCA page and perhaps educate or encourage others on what it is, that would be awesome!

Why did you choose this particular platform?
RR: I chose my platform because I'm passionate about empowering women and cultural awareness. I found that education was the best venue to practice this in. Being a mentor at the multicultural student let me build a lot of close relationships with at risk minorities and put them on the right track through various access programs that help first time college graduates.

After talking to Ramya, I Facebook searched and found the YWCA page. Once I 'liked' the page, I did a little more exploring. According to their page, "YWCA is dedicated to eliminating racism, empowering women and promoting peace, justice, freedom and dignity for all." The YWCA has over 2 million participants and over 1,300 locations in the United States. Also, I found it interesting that they are one of the oldest and largest organizations for women and serves in over 125 countries. This is a phenomenal organization and I encourage you to do a little investigating yourself and 'like' the Facebook page.

God bless,
Kailee


No comments:

Post a Comment