Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Day 149: Distributed Umbrellas To The Homeless

It was just another rainy day in Spokane and when it rained, it poured. I was out and about doing some errands and I realized that I didn't have an umbrella. I would just put on my rain jacket and sprint to my car. Then, I began wondering what people did when they didn't have a shelter to run to. Knowing that I was about to head to my internship and that I would have to walk about a block from where I parked, I ran to the store and bought an umbrella. However, while I was there, I picked up two more. A good amount of people that I walk past when going to my internship are people that are either homeless or need some help. I told myself that if someone really looked like they needed it, the umbrella was theirs.


Well, the rain stopped by the time I reached the office building and I was left with two umbrellas. But like the good Northwest, the rain started again when I was leaving. Again, it started to pour as it had just hours before. On my way out of town, I saw a man on the side on the sidewalk, standing in the rain, holding a sign that read, "Anything helps. God bless you." Luckily, he was on my side of the street, so I rolled down the window and asked if an umbrella would help. The man chuckled a bit and answered as he looked to the sky, "Yes, I think this will work well right now. Thank you so much." As I began to drive away, I heard him give a little chuckle again and it made me feel good knowing I was able to put a smile on someone's face, especially on such a gloomy day.

God bless,
Kailee

No comments:

Post a Comment