Thursday, May 2, 2013

Day 122: New Balance Boston

It has been a few weeks since the tragedy in Boston and still the city is going strong! What I hadn't known is that the Governor of Massachusetts actually created a foundation in honor of Boston called The One Fund. If you are like me, you first ponder what this fund actually does. After doing a little more research, I found that this is a foundation to help those who need it most. It helps those injured in the bombing and businesses destructed in the event. You can learn more about The One Fund by clicking here.

I found today's act of kindness because Austin works at a shoe store. New Balance, for a limited time, is selling a style of shoe actually called Boston. If you purchase the shoes, 100% of the proceeds go to The One Fund. I have needed a new pair of shoes for quite some time, so I figured this was a great opportunity and I would get a new pair of shoes too. In addition, they glow in the dark! How cool right?
Even if you didn't want to buy a new pair of shoes, there are other ways to help out. Adidas is also selling merchandise to raise money for The One Fund. Or, you can simply donate a few dollars on The One Fund website. 

God bless,
Kailee

No comments:

Post a Comment