Saturday, May 11, 2013

Day 131: Bike Day!

It was another early morning for Janae and I. We started off the morning at the Inland Empire Century Bike Ride. The ride was run by Kiwanis Clubs of Columbia and Tri-Cities Industry to raise money for their scholarships. Janae and I were in charge of managing pre-registered riders and riders packets. Bikers received packets with a snack and a t-shirt and could ride anywhere from 25 miles to 100 miles! In the short time that Janae and I were there, we were able to help and mingle with several people. I even ran into a few girls and a teacher who I spoke to last year as Miss Tri-Cities.

After finishing up with the bike ride, we ventured on over to Kadlec Hospital for Safe Kids. The families who attended Safe Kids were able to walk through the parking lot and visit local safety teams like fireman, policeman and dive and rescue. Each year over 1 million children die due to preventable injuries. However, the greatest part of Safe Kids is all children who choose to, get a free bike helmet, so they can be safe when riding their bikes. Janae and I walked around and interacted with all of the kids and helped in any way they needed. Each year it is estimated that 3,500 people attend! If you are in the area and have kids, I highly recommend attending next year. They will love it!

God bless,
Kailee

No comments:

Post a Comment