Sunday, May 12, 2013

Day 132: All About Mom

Happy Mother's Day to all the moms out there! I hope you all enjoyed your day dedicated to you and I hope you all were treated like queens. Although I am not a mother, I spent my day with my beautiful mother and grandmothers and celebrating them! That is why today is all about my mom!

My mom is my everything. She is my best friend and my rock. She is the inspiration behind most of the things that I do. She is the MOST kind hearted person and selfless person I know, not just to my brother and me, but to any person. My mom has taught lessons that no school or book could ever teach and yet are the most essential and instrumentals lessons I have ever learned. As a child, she always reiterated that people will like you because of how you make them feel and because of how you treat them, not because of how you look. My mom taught me to be a good person and expect little in return. With that said, she also always told me how beautiful I am to the point where I would believe it and tell people, "I am so bootiful." When really she is the most beautiful and sincere woman I know inside and out. I know I am the woman I am today because of her. If I am ever half the woman she is, I will believe myself to be successful. I hope to inspire others, because she has always inspired me.  

This morning I woke up early to get her doughnuts and flowers. Then, like I did as a child, brought her breakfast in bed. Accompanying her breakfast were her cards from my brother and me and her mother's day gift. She and I both really like the show Long Island Medium with Theresa Caputo. It just so happens that Theresa will be visiting Spokane next month, so I figured this would be a fantastic way for my mom to see her in person. She was so excited when she finally realized what the tickets were for that I got even more excited for her! She deserves so much more than breakfast in bed and the tickets, but it is a start. In fact, I am sure so many of us could agree that moms deserve more than one day to be shown our full appreciation. My mom gives so so much and don't expect much in return. I hope my mama knows how much I love and appreciate her always! A very happy happy mother's day to my mom! I love you more than you know! 

God bless (all the moms),
Kailee







No comments:

Post a Comment