Friday, November 29, 2013

Day 333: Candy Cane Craziness

We all know what day it is, Black Friday. This typically means one thing…crazy shoppers. I have never been one to fight the crowds and go out on Black Friday, but I did today. However, I wasn't out and about to get my Christmas shopping done early, but instead to spread a little christmas cheer and take away from the craziness.
                               
I bought 5 boxes of candy canes (60 pieces) and left for the mall. My mom and I walked up and down the mall for two hours finding both shoppers and employees that looked like they needed something to sweeten their day. A few recipients were hesitant to take candy from strangers, but the rest graciously accepted the candy cane with a smile and a "thank you." We even got a, "Merry Christmas," from time to time. It was a perfect way to transition into the Christmas season. I wanted to try, if even for a second, to deter away from the buying part of the season and focus on the giving part. Too often we lose ourselves in the gifts and goods, that we need to step back, again if even for a second, and remember what the season is truly about.
                       

God bless,
Kailee

No comments:

Post a Comment