Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Day 331: A Thanksgiving For The Dogs

On the eve of Thanksgiving, I sit here thinking about all of the things I am grateful for and how much God has blessed me with. I am definitely looking forward to seeing my family and stuffing myself with my grandma's delicious cooking, but part of me knows that there is still more I could be doing to make someone else's thanksgiving better. I tried to find a place to donate a thanksgiving dinner to a family in need and had no luck. Then, I thought about how I have wanted to help at a humane society. Although I didn't have time to actually hang out with the puppies, I found another way to give back.

My mom and I ran to the store and bought some dog food and treats and delivered them to the closest humane society. Although they weren't open, I left the goodies on the doorstep with a note that read, "everyone deserves a delicious meal on Thanksgiving!" I know it wasn't much, but hopefully a volunteer will appreciate the donations and the dogs will enjoy the treats.

Have a very blessed Thanksgiving and don't be afraid to express what you are truly grateful for!

God bless,
Kailee

No comments:

Post a Comment