Sunday, November 3, 2013

Day 307: Football Frenxi

Today was a day all about football. I believe I have mentioned it before, but every sorority on campus has a national philanthropy in which they support however they'd like. Alpha Xi Delta works with Autism Speaks and today held their first Football Frenxi (Frenzy). 

Groups of 8-10 people made up a flag football team. There was a mens division and a womens division and the teams played for the grand prize. Teams played on Roos Field, aka the inferno, aka the red turf. 

Each team was asked to pay a registration fee which is then donated to Autism Speaks. For those who didn't play, there was still an opportunity to get involved and donate to their cause. Because I am out of town, I was unable to make the actual event. However, I was still able to donate a few dollars to autism research and awareness. 

I hope that the event went really well and that they raised a lot of money! It sounded like an incredible event. 

No comments:

Post a Comment