Monday, November 11, 2013

Day 315: Thanked A Vet

This post is probably expected, as it should be on a day like this. Today is Veteran's Day. A day that I looked at as a child as a day off of school. Later, I would learn that today is so much more beyond that. Today is a day in which we all pour out our love and affection for those who have served or are serving in the armed forces. A day in which Veterans should feel so appreciated. That all is so worth it and each solider deserves this love and so much more. Every day should be Veterans Day.

A lot of people took to Facebook to thank our vets which is much appreciated I am sure. However, I wanted to make it a little more personal, so I contacted all of those who have served and are serving that I knew and thanked them for their time. Although the day is coming to a close, it is never ever too late to say thank you. Throughout the year, I have learned how incredible the power of words can be. There is a lot of power behind those two small words. Even if it is tomorrow or a week from now, take those opportunities to tell someone you appreciate them. I am sure you will never regret it.

There are many ways to say thank you. For example, there are many websites designed to helping our troops. If you would like to help out, I encourage googling options like, "thank a vet," or "thank a solider."

"What do you say to the ones who've given it all
Put their lives on the line when duty calls
How do you give back to those who give up everything
What do you do when you look them in the eyes 
When you know they made that sacrifice
When words aren't enough to tell 'em just what you're feeling
That's a time when the least that you can do is just say 
Thank You"
God bless,
Kailee



No comments:

Post a Comment