Thursday, November 28, 2013

Day 332: Gave Thanks

Happy Thanksgiving! I hope everyone is having a very blessed day and I hope we all truly take a moment to express what we are thankful for. If I have learned something this year, it is I don't say thank you enough and I have plenty to be grateful for.

I am thankful for my family.
My mom, my dad, my brother, my grandparents and my extended family. Each member of my family has taught me something different and valuable about life. Their unconditional love never ceases to amaze me. A girl could not ask for a better support system. I can honestly say that I am who I am today because of them. They are a large reason for why I have pushed through this year and continued my blog. I am so lucky to call them all mine, even when they shoot milk out of their nose at dinner. ;)

I am thankful for my friends.
Outside of my blood family, I am so blessed to have several other friends that I could call family. My roommates and I, for example, have known each other for years and although we may have our tiffs from time to time they really are my family. I can't begin to describe how our relationship works, but I can always count on them to laugh until my stomach hurts.  

My friends understand me. They accept me, appreciate me, and always have my back. I know a lot of people grow apart from their childhood friends, but fortunately the majority of my friends I have known since elementary and middle school. In fact, my very first friend in the Tri-Cities and I are still really close after 15 years. I love them all and I don't think they realize how much I appreciate them.

I am thankful for my sisters.
After joining Gamma Phi Beta in March, my whole entire college experience changed for the better. The women in my sisterhood continue to inspire me on a daily basis. In the very short time I have been a member, I have already learned so much about myself, about others and about life in genreal. I thank the Lord everyday for the relationships I have made with these women and look forward to how they will continue to grow. Its a rare thing to be able to look at a group of people and think I can count on them for the rest of my life. Our bond is something that no one else really understands, but to me that  makes our sisterhood so precious. IIKE

I am thankful for my education and my school.
Too often I find myself or hear someone else complaining about homework or a particular teacher on campus. The truth is, I love being an eagle! The fact that I am even allowed to further my education and expand my knowledge is amazing. I think it's one of the most taken for granted things in our country. People all over the world would give so much to be where I am and for that I am truly grateful. The majority of my teachers have inspired me to follow my aspirations and get me that much closer to graduation. The campus is rich with history and the facilities on campus are beautiful. Eastern gives their students many reasons to be thankful and…our football team/ field aren't half bad either. ;)

I am thankful for the Miss America Organization.
If you would have told me just 4 years back that I would be a titleholder in the Miss America Organization, I would have told you, you were crazy. However, taking a chance and competing for Miss Tri-Cities 3 years ago was one of the greatest chances I have ever taken. Not only has this organization inspired bigger and better goals to pursue, but it has also given me the skills and tools I need to pursue them. In addition, I have made lifelong relationships that have taken me all across the state and country! I am a much stronger woman today because of the Miss America Organization and all of their values that they uphold. I also appreciate Oreos a lot more. ;)

I am thankful for sports.
Not only have sports instilled in me determination, teamwork and passion, but they have also helped to keep my body able and healthy. I am grateful for my body and things sports has allowed me to do. I have been involved sports since I can't remember when and some of my greatest moments and most proud moments were made playing a simple game. Some people think it's just that, a game, however, what you take away from the game is something that could never be taught in school. Even though I am not necessarily the player anymore, sports still continue to give me something to look forward to. I hope to pursue a a career in public relations working for a professional sports team and I am excited to see where it may take me.

I am thankful for our troops.
I am proud to be an American. I am grateful for my freedom. Our country and our freedom would not be possible without those men and women who are not with their families today because they are protecting me and mine. No words will ever express my gratitude for our soldiers.

Most of all, I am thankful that years ago a particular son of God died for all of my sins. In doing so, I am so blessed with everything I listed above. Also, thank you for all of your beautiful creations. Glory be to God in the highest!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
Kailee 

No comments:

Post a Comment