Thursday, November 21, 2013

Day 325: In the name of Zach

Well, as a I was perusing about on Facebook, as I do daily, I came across a video that a friend of mine had posted. It was an uplifting documentary about a teenage boy who was diagnosed with a rare form of cancer and was told he only had a few months to live. The documentary is about his final days and shares his incredible outlook on life and also spotlights his loved ones. My favorite quote from the documentary is "this stuff is not happening because you are dying, it's really because of the way you're living."

Below is the documentary. If you do have a half an hour to spare, I highly recommend watching this. But, grab your tissues because this is a tear jerker. I won't lie, I cried like a baby. 

Just below the video on the website I watched it on is a link to the Childrens Cancer Research Fund, where you can donate in Zach's name. Never have I ever met this boy, but he has inspired me to be a better person and to live my life a little more. The least I can do is give back in the name of my inspiration. 

Zach also wrote and recorded a song called, "Clouds." Below is the link for the video.

"There are only two days in the year that nothing can be done. One is called yesterday and the other is called tomorrow, so today is the right day to love, believe, do and mostly live."
-Dalai Lama 

God bless,
Kailee

No comments:

Post a Comment