Friday, August 9, 2013

Day 221: Donated To Save The Children

This afternoon, my mom and I did a little back to school shopping! We had to stop at one of our favorite stores, TJ Maxx. While we were checking out, we noticed pieces of paper around the registers with an array of different names on them. After looking a little harder, the piece of paper represented someone who donated to Save the Children. It was a $1 minimum donation, so I pulled out a George Washington and handed it to the sales associate. I was able to write my name on a piece of paper and they hung it up on the wall!

Now that I am home, I did a little research to see what I was donating to! Save the Children is an independent organization striving to make positive change in the lives of children in need and living in the United States. Under their "What we do" section, they show that they focus on; child protection, child survival, education, emergency response, health and nutrition, and HIV and AIDS. You can learn more about this organization by clicking here. Save The Children has also spread their work to other countries like Africa and Asia. 

If you, too, find yourself browsing about at TJ Maxx or Marshall's, 
please consider donating just one $1 to a child in need! 

God bless,
Kailee

No comments:

Post a Comment