Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Day 219: Donated To Wildlife Conservation

This afternoon, I got to check something off my bucket list! In my 21 years of life, I have been blessed to take part in some incredible experiences. I have been on safaris, aquariums and wildlife reservations, but I have never been to an official zoo. Well, today was the day that would change! 
Austin and I made a trip to the Woodland Zoo in Seattle. What we didn't know was that when a ticket for admission is purchased, 25 cents is donated to wildlife conservation. Once your ticket is purchased, each person receives a plastic silver coin that says, "vote". Standing tall and alone in front of the main gate was a stand called, "Quarters for Conservation." Your "quarter" or silver coin could then be used to vote for which biome you'd like to preserve. There were many choices like the tropical rainforest or the arctic. (I think I voted for the savannah. )
 Overall, I had an incredible time on my first zoo visit! I loved the animals and can't wait to go back! 

God bless,
Kailee

No comments:

Post a Comment