Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Day 218: Gave Away My Foul Ball

This afternoon, I was very fortunate to attend the first ever NW League All Star Game in Everett. Before the actual game, there was a home run derby (which our player won, woo!) and an autograph signing. As the teams warmed up for the home run derby, tons of people gathered in the outfield just waiting for a ball to come there way! Many of the people waiting were young boys and older men. Then, out of the blue, I got a ball from one of our players. Cool right? Yes! But, no matter how cool it was that I got a ball, it was just a ball. A ball that any of those young kids would have paid to have. As I held the ball in my hand, I realized what I had to do. I asked a boy next to us if he wanted it and without hesitation I got the reaction I had anticipated. He was very grateful and I was leaving with one less thing to sit in my room. Overall, just being at the game was enough for me and an incredible experience. Can't wait for next year! 



No comments:

Post a Comment