Thursday, February 7, 2013

Day 38: Valentines For Soliders

I am so grateful for our soldiers and international heroes. However, I think most people- including myself- only show our thanks on Veteran's Day, Memorial Day, the holidays etc. Personally, I wasn't aware of this until the other day. A Facebook friend had posted about helping make valentines for our soldiers. The idea struck me; Why had I never thought of that?! Her sweet invitation made me want to join immediately, but our times got jumbled and I was unable to make it. That, however, did not stop me from running to the store and buying a few boxes of candy.

Because the candy and goodies are going internationally, there are some restrictions on what to and what not to send. A good site to find what you can send is http://www.give2thetroops.org/items.htm. Since Valentines Day is quickly approaching, I am going to give my valentines to the veterans hospital here in Spokane. I'm sure their is a local military office that would love to receive the valentines just as much.

On Valentine's Day, I dare you to swing by, say hello and perhaps leave a small treat for our heroes. God bless them all and bring them home safe!



1 comment:

  1. Thanks for this program it aims to boost community morale and serve as a reminder that we appreciate their service .

    http://www.seton.com/blog/2013/01/seton-sends-care-packages-to-the-troops

    ReplyDelete