Saturday, February 23, 2013

Day 54: Mostly Merlot

This evening, I was very fortunate to volunteer at Mostly Merlot. This is a fundraiser in Spokane that raises money for cancer patient care. The very newly crowned Miss Inland Empire, Miss Spokane and I  sold raffle tickets throughout the evening and were able to converse with the guests. The girls and I were also accompanied by Miss Spokane board members and Erica Rodarte, Miss Washington U.S. International!

The entire Spokane Club was decorated and used for this magnificent event. The venue itself was gorgeous and the dining room was beyond gorgeous. Guests were encouraged to mill about the silent auction rooms during cocktail hours and then enjoyed a scrumptious (smelling & looking at least) meal. All of the money raised this evening went to the incredible cause of cancer patient care. 

Hannah and I sold raffle tickets for a lovely wine cooler and- get this- 50 bottles of wine for the unheard of price of $20 a ticket. The tickets pretty much sold themselves.  

After our work was done, we all devoured a nice meal and Hannah and I shared a chocolate sin cake. :)  Just before I left for the evening, I was able to hear a women speak about her experience with the patient care, which took everything I had not to cry. It was amazing to hear how this immense amount of money was making a difference and touching people's lives. Overall, the night was such a great experience spent with friends, meeting new connections and raising money for an amazing cause! 

Goodnight & God bless,
Kailee 

No comments:

Post a Comment