Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Day 37: Gave My Condolences

Life is short and unpredictable. Unfortunately, one day a person can be here and the next day gone. In the past week, I have been told about two friends who have lost a family member. I have lost both of my grandfathers and I know how devastating loss can be. I appreciated it when someone- a classmate especially- expressed their condolences.

First, I wrote a simple note to the first friend, who is on the other side of the state. Although words can never heal the pain or make things better, it is nice to know you are thought of and the family is in others prayers.

Then Tiff and I surprised our other friend with some flowers and a card. She had just returned from the funeral out of town. She hadn't quite made it home yet, so we left the flowers in the door. I hope they will bring a smile to her face when she gets home. :) 




Today's lesson is love those around you and don't take them for granted. They will not be there forever.  If you are fortunate to be with them physically today, give them a BIG hug! I wish I could! 

No comments:

Post a Comment