Monday, February 11, 2013

Day 42: Joined Forces

There are only six short days until Miss Spokane/ Inland Empire, so it is time to feature another sister. Brittany Cozza is Miss Inland Empire and her platform is titled Joining Forces- Serving America's Military and Their Families. She has spent her year working with the armed forces and promoting their service. After finding out a little bit more about her platform, I was struggling to decide between so many ideas on what I could do for her and her platform. It hit me when Tiffany and I ran into Brittany on National Pancake Day.
(Brittany Cozza, Miss Inland Empire 2012)

Tiffany has a brother who served in the Marines and now works for a recruiting office in Spokane. Tiff and Brittany chatted about his service and as they did, I decided I would do something to show my appreciation for Tiffany's brother. This was a someone within the community whom I could make a difference for. I hadn't already been directly linked to someone in the Spokane area.

I didn't want to buy anything too sweet for men who were trained to eat well. So, I resorted to Tiffany's sister-in-law, who conceptualized the idea we went with. We started with a mug and Starbucks gift card for coffee, mints (it's not a candy), pens, highlighters and notepad for recruitment.

Tiff and I then made a trip to see him and drop off the gift. I was able to meet her brother, Matt and two other recruiters. All were so pleasant and appreciative and I am so happy I was able to come together and join forces. 

God bless all of those who have served, are serving or will serve in the Armed Forces & their families! 
Love, Kailee

No comments:

Post a Comment