Sunday, February 24, 2013

Day 55: Barbie Party

This afternoon the Miss Spokane crew and I were able to take part in a stupendous event, which raised money for a great local cause. The girls and I were "Barbies" for the Barbie Party ran and fundraised for the Northeast Youth Center. The NEYC is a before and after school program for local students which is affiliated with the Spokane Parks & Recreation Department.

The attendants were assigned a Barbie, who would then accompany the group of girls to all the activities throughout the afternoon. The activities included snack time, picture time, a craft station, face painting, a hair station, dancing and a limo ride! My girls favorite part was the limo ride.

To finish off the afternoon, a special guest performer sang for the girls. They danced and sang along with the performer and altogether had an incredible time. I, too, had an amazing time spending the afternoon with adorable and sweet young ladies, fundraising for the NEYC. Although I do not know the end total raised, I hope they raised an immense amount because I loved learning about how such a great program changes lives. 


My fellow Barbies and I!

God bless,
Kailee


No comments:

Post a Comment