Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Day 50: EWU Donation Drive

Beginning on February 14th, EWU started 26 acts of kindness to join the national movement honoring Sandy Hook. Tonight marks day 6 and the end of their donation drive for Crosswalk Teen Shelter in Spokane. I luckily saw the sign below when I was walking out of class and I was able to participate in the drive. One of the most needed items was mens and womens deodorant.

Before today, I had never heard of Crosswalk Teen Shelter. I did a quick web search and found that it is an emergency shelter, a school drop-out prevention center and a group of life saving and life changing programs dedicated to break the cycle of youth homelessness. According to the site, they serve  over 1,000 teens. You can learn more about the shelter here.

If you'd like to learn more about the EWU 26 days of kindness, click here!


God bless & go eags,
Kailee




No comments:

Post a Comment