Saturday, December 28, 2013

Day 362: An iPod For Music & Memory

Music & Memory is a non-profit organization that uses music to stimulate memories to enhance the quality of life. According to their website;
"We train nursing home staff and other elder care professionals, as well as family caregivers, how to create and provide personalized playlists using iPods and related digital audio systems that enable those struggling with Alzheimer’s, dementia and other cognitive and physical challenges to reconnect with the world through music-triggered memories."
To play the music, they use devices such as iPods. One of the cool things you can do for this organization is donate an old and unused iPod. If you are interested in donating, there is instructions on how and where to mail the iPod..

My cousin told me about this organization, which I thought was really cool because we lost our grandfather to Alzheimer's. Since losing my grandpa to the awful disease, I am more aware of the efforts being made to fight it. So, I was really excited to help their efforts and donate a gently-used iPod.

3 more days!

God bless,
Kailee

No comments:

Post a Comment