Friday, December 6, 2013

Day 340: Face Painting For Military Families

Campfire USA, as previously mentioned, is one philanthropic focus for my sorority. This is an organization that takes the leaders of tomorrow and allows them to lead today. Tonight the girls of group Running Deer helped Santa hand out gifts and candy at the Carousel Christmas Party for military families. Campfire also had a table set up for kids to get their faces painted. Four of my sisters and I played artist for the night and were able to be the volunteer as the face painters.
Now, it was an interesting night because I really have no artistic ability. I blame my brother- he is an incredible artist. No matter the fact, I had an incredible time talking with the families their and even more fun interacting with the kids there. So many of them have such large imaginations. One kid asked if I could paint a frog on one cheek- not my best work- and then proceeded to ask for an EWU eagle on his other cheek. Then there was his little brother that asked for Spiderman…who was shooting a web and attacking a bad guy. Oh my! Well, I'm not sure how well they turned out, but I tried my best! I had so much fun and the girls and I even got to meet Santa and ride the carousel. 
God bless,
Kailee


No comments:

Post a Comment