Friday, December 13, 2013

Day 347: Miss Liv's Christmas Miracle

A week or so ago I was invited to like a page on Facebook that a friend had created. The title of the page is "Miss Liv's Miracle." After further inspection, I learned that my friend Beth's daughter was trying to collect 100 coats for kids who don't have one. However, that was't all I learned. This is a message from the page, written by Beth:

2 years ago, on Dec 19, 2011 at 8:05am, Liv and I lost all our monetary and worldly possessions. At that exact moment I thought, “All we have is a car, a dog and $2.00; and we are 1200 miles from family and friends!” What Liv and I would find out over the next 2 years is that we were rich beyond our wildest dreams...
We want to be a link. We want to link those we know with a need, with those we know with a gift. Maybe you will put a coat on that little boy at your bus stop who comes every day without one. There is one of those kids at our bus stop, the inspiration for Liv‘s 100 Coat Drive. Is there one at yours? Liv and I see them now, more than we ever did before. We see them because of our experience. If you don’t know who may need your gift, please bring them to us. If you know someone who has a need but you can’t provide it, bring that need to us. We will help link the need and the provision. You can bring donations to Creations Salon and Spa at 97 Keene Road, Richland; or pm me and I will pick them up.


You can read more and stay up to date on their donations by liking this Facebook page. 

                                          
Today, my mom and I went shopping for coats and what better place to look than Burlington Coat Factory? We each found decently priced coats, one for a boy and one for a girl. Later, I ran the coats to Creations Salon, which is where you can drop off your donations as well! The address is 87 Keene Rd in Richland. 

According to Beth they have received 30 coats, 3 pairs of boots, 2 bags of childrens clothing and enough hygiene products to make 30 gift bags. As you can tell, they have already done an incredible job, but still need your help! 



God bless,
Kailee

No comments:

Post a Comment